cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Upgradation / Degradation

syed_masir
Level 1
Level 1

I have one WCS running 3.0.101.0. Currently there are few WLC's(inturn supporting Cisco 1010 AP's) associated with it which are running 3.2.150.6 and 3.2.195.10. I have one more WLC which is running 4.2.61.0 which is not getting added in WCS. I came to know the reason was WCS is running one revision older firmware. The solution is to upgrade WCS to 4.0 or 5.0, but if i upgrade the same then will WCS support the existing WLC's running 3.2.X.X ? Also if i degrade the 4.2.61.0 WLC to 3.2 then will there be any impact to the connected AP's (Cisco 1010 and 1242AG both running on 4.2.61.0. Please let me know the best solution so that all my WLC's get added to WCS successfully.

4 Replies 4

syed_masir
Level 1
Level 1

Request any to please give some suggestion on this

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There should be no reason for the WCS to be upgraded to a higher firmware than the WLC. The only question I would like to ask is why are your WLC running different firmware (3.2.150.6 and 3.2.195.10)?

WLC's running different firmwares will force the AP's to up/downgrade the IOS everytime the AP's swing from one WLC to another.

Thanks for your reply Leo.

the difference was during the time of installation by some other person. Currently Each WLC is placed at different geogrophical location. So you mean i can upgrade WCS to 4.X and still it will support 3.2.X.X WLC's?

Thanks for your reply Leo.

the difference was during the time of installation by some other person. Currently Each WLC is placed at different geogrophical location. So you mean i can upgrade WCS to 4.X and still it will support 3.2.X.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: