Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC web-auth/LDAP integration issue

joshua.swanson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I know this has been talked about a few other times, but here's the issue I'm running into and would appreciate any assistance. I'm trying to tie in LDAP to my WLC for wireless web-authentication. This setup works when I have a simple OU containing a user account, but when I incoroporate Global Security Groups under the OU, it no longer works. It still talks to the LDAP server, but it appears to not be going through the Global Security Groups to find the users. Here's the User Data Base DN setup that I have.

OU - Group Name

>

Global Security Group - wireless users

>

Global Security Group - Remote users

> dc=domain, dc=com

my question is, when putting this into the security LDAP section on the WLC, it will not work utilizing this:

ou=Group Name,dc=domain,dc=com

Do I need to do anything with the Global Security Groups in the above string?

Thanks in advance for assistance

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have to say I'm not clear on what is your problem.

Can you paste the exact ldap configuration you ahve on the WLC ?

You should have a base DN.

If your base DN is "ou=Group Name,dc=domain,dc=com", then the WLC will only look under "group name" ou and not the whole domain.

Searching the whole domain would require a base DN of "dc=domain,dc=com"

Hey Nicolas, sorry for the delayed response. I actually went a different route and incorporated RADIUS to provide for more security. Thanks for your response though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card