cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC4402 clients not receiving DHCP leases

npritchett
Level 1
Level 1

I'm at wits end trying to debug a DHCP problem with my 4402 running 4.0.155.

Wifi clients are unable to get a DHCP lease from an external DHCP server.

It was previously working and failed at an unknown point in time. This is an infrequently used WLAN so if it was me that messed up the configuration, I received no immediate feedback and have no way of tying it back to any specific WLC or network changes I have done.

"Debug dhcp enable" output yields "dhcpProxy: Dropping packet (no mscb) from STA 00:11:85:5d:3e:f8"

Wifi client associations work fine.

DHCP servers ping fine.

DHCP relay for other WLANS/dynamic-interface pairings work fine.

Using the internal DHCP yields no change.

Sniffing verifies what the debug message states - the dhcp request is dropped and not observed leaving the WLC.

Using static WEP encryption with shared-key authentication.

DHCP server is configured on the dynamic interface and not on the WLAN (DHCP override in the WLAN configuration has no effect).

---Full DHCP debugging output---

Wed Oct 11 15:51:23 2006: 00:11:85:5d:3e:f8

dhcpProxy: Received packet: Client 00:11:85:5d:3e:f8

DHCP Op: BOOTREQUEST(1), IP len: 300, switchport: 1, encap: 0xec03

Wed Oct 11 15:51:23 2006: 00:11:85:5d:3e:f8

dhcpProxy: Dropping packet (no mscb) from STA 00:11:85:5d:3e:f8, giaddr:0.0.0.0, udpSrcPort:68, op:1

1 Reply 1

johnruffing
Level 4
Level 4

Apparently, others have observed similar DHCP behavior.

You may want to read a related thread ("Wireless Clients eventually not issued DHCP through WLC4404") in the "General" conversation section.

LINK:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddc63fc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card