Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC5508 problem with regulatory domain

Hello.

I have a WLC 5508 that has the software version 7.2.110.0.aes

And I have access points AIR-CAP3502I-R-K9 and outdoor AIR-CAP1552E-A-K9.

All access points are set to country code RU, that is done so that 3502I points would work in bridge mode. After trying to upgrade software on WLC to version 8.0.100.0 I have the following problem: all APs 1152E cannot join the controller with the error of "regulatory domain check failure". When I enable multiple country support on WLC those APs successfully join the controller, but the availability to change the country code on 1552E to RU is gone.

So either my mesh access points are not working or my outdoor access points are not working.

I would appreciate any help in this case.

Thank you.

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

HiMESH Access point is NOT

Hi

MESH Access point is NOT working when enable multiple country codes on your WLC.

I think you need to have "AIR-CAP1552E-R-K9"  model. If both worked in 7.2.110.0, then Cisco may changed some of those compliance in 8.0 code. So reach TAC is the best advice & they can RMA if that is some thing they have changed in this latest code.

Here is the regulatory domain compliance document for Cisco AP

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1300-series/product_data_sheet0900aecd80537b6a.html

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content