cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE Console Port

rolandshum
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure a new WLSE. I try to connect to the console port on the back of the box with a x-over RS-232 DB9 cable. My Hyperterm is set for 8-N-1 flow control:none. No monitor or USB ports are plugged in. I don't get any response. I've also tried with a straight through RS-232 cable. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

3 Replies 3

ethiel
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried a null-modem cable? It's been a long time since I worked on a WLSE, but I seem to recall it might have wanted a null-modem since it is essentially a PC-to-PC connection.

Also, if you are on a 1105, make sure you are using the serial port on the front, not the back of the chassis.

-Eric

Yep tried the null modem and a straight through cable. The model I have only has a serial port in the back so no mistake on that.

I may have to defer to someone else then. As I said, it's been a while, so I'm not sure what else it could be.

Are you using the cable that came with it? It sounds like the WLSE comes with 2 rj45-db9 connectors and a rj45 "serial" cable. I am not sure of the pinouts of the rj45-rj45 cable, but I think that was a normal ethernet pinout.

-Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: