cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE Error

naive.naive
Level 1
Level 1

I managed to discover all my AP, but most of the AP are in "yellow" instead of "green". When I click on the "RM Verify Capability", it failed on the "WLSE-WDS Authentication Test Failed".

May I know what will cause this??

24 Replies 24

buljer59
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using an AP as your WDS controller instead of WLSM or a light-weight controller and you have more than 60 AP's on your network some of them will not authenticate to WDS. For instance, one 1200 series AP will only handle 60 AP's at a time and only 35 AP's if it is also functioning as an access point that accepts clients.

The WDS is only serving about 30 AP at the moment and both the radios are off.

From the WDS, I can see all the Infra AP are authenticated successfully, but from the WLSE, it appears the erros that i mentioned.

Please help..Need to solve this by this week..

I would recommend that you re-check all your settings for WDS on your controller and make sure you have the latest image on both the AP and WLSE. Refer to this document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080208a6e.html#wp1036097

Good Luck....let me know if you make any progress!

just to confirm, i only need to configura the WNM in the WDS, right?? and not the Infra AP as well, right??

i've checked thru the config, everything seems fine to me, coz I can see all the Infra AP from the WDS, so I guess it shouldnt have any problem with WLSE, right??

or is there anything need to be configure on the WLSE??

edyoung01
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a WLSM as my WDS and I receive the same error. None of my RM will work. If you get a solution to this problem please let me know and I will do the same.

edyoung01
Level 1
Level 1

I had to patch my CiscoSecure ACS 3.3 with an AiroEap.dll. This repaired my WLSE to WDS authentication problem. My RM test passed and I am totally up and running.

may i know which patch are you referring to?? any url??

The patch was emailed to me by Cisco TAC support. AironetEap.dll is the name of the file. It works.

Hello

where I could find this aironeteap.dll?

Who could send it to me?

best regards

Oliver

ya, where can we find the file..i need it urgent also..

Post an address that I can mail the file to.

Please send the email to ziltener@netcloud.ch

many thanks

Oliver

kindly send to me also..naive.lee@gmail.com

and some instructions also..

thanks in advance

it solved my problem..

thanks..edgar...

you saved my day..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card