cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

workgroup bridge passing WDS info

stickhg
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if a workgroup bridge/non-root bridge will pass information to back and forth to a WAP that is downstream from a non-root bridge through a switch connected to the non-root bridge. I have verified network connectivity between all devices and the WDS. The client WAP indicates WDS not discovered with the command-->sh wlc ap. I suspect the bridge does not pass the traffic to and from the WDS to the client WAP. Any hints are appreciated

WDS not discovered

2 Replies 2

beabrams
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dont believe you can do this.... for instance bridge on 1 radio and use the other radios for clients (but that it needs WDS or wlccp commands)... if I understand you correctly.

I have attached a network diagram. Maybe this will help you understand. The WAP that does not discover the WDS has station-role root for a setting. The config this WAP worked at a client before. The only difference is there is a bridge between it and the WDS. Is there some limitation to the bridge that is stopping the WAP from discovering the WDS or do I need to add configuration lines to the root or non-root bridge to make this work. What is you reason you believe this will not work?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card