cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

workgroup bridge passing WDS info

stickhg
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if a workgroup bridge/non-root bridge will pass information to back and forth to a WAP that is downstream from a non-root bridge through a switch connected to the non-root bridge. I have verified network connectivity between all devices and the WDS. The client WAP indicates WDS not discovered with the command-->sh wlc ap. I suspect the bridge does not pass the traffic to and from the WDS to the client WAP. Any hints are appreciated

WDS not discovered

2 Replies 2

beabrams
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dont believe you can do this.... for instance bridge on 1 radio and use the other radios for clients (but that it needs WDS or wlccp commands)... if I understand you correctly.

I have attached a network diagram. Maybe this will help you understand. The WAP that does not discover the WDS has station-role root for a setting. The config this WAP worked at a client before. The only difference is there is a bridge between it and the WDS. Is there some limitation to the bridge that is stopping the WAP from discovering the WDS or do I need to add configuration lines to the root or non-root bridge to make this work. What is you reason you believe this will not work?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card