cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WPA on Aironet 1200 IOS APs with Apple Airport Clients

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been successful in getting an Apple OS X clients using Airport version 3.3 client software to work with a Cisco 1200 AP running IOS 12.2(13)JA1 in a WPA setup? I would be interested in seeing a sample config or hearing other issues related to this type of setup. Currently, I can issue a login from the Apple client and I can see my user auth passed in ACS but the client fails on the EAP handshake with the AP. Anyone have any ideas?

5 Replies 5

cuyahoga
Level 1
Level 1

That sounds very similar to the problem I'm having with my built-in AirPort Extreme card.

I even have an Aironet 350 client adapter (PC Card for PowerBook) and I can't authenticate to the network with that, either.

I have a 350 card too. But the last time I checked version 3.0 of Mac ACU did not support WPA. When Apple released the 3.3 version of the Airport software it has WPA support in it but I can't make it work with my present wireless AP setup. All my Windows clients are working fine with my current AP config. This includes Windows clients that use the Cisco ACU or a network card that supports WPA under Windows XP.

jkirby
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying this for weeks to no avail. Panther, Airport 3.3.1. Cisco 1200 AP with lates IOS.

user/pass based WPA authentication works all the way to the RADIUS server (Cisco ACS confirms passed authentication) but the AP refuses to follow through. We've done a lot of testing on this and the problem appears to be Cisco's. Of course, all we can get from Cisco is "It should work".

Cisco, where are you on this?!?

The new software update to Airport 3.4 does the trick. I am able now to log into my Cisco 1200 access points that support PEAP, TKIP, and MIC. I did not have to change a single thing on my wireless network. It was simply a client software issue on the Mac G4 laptops. I am very happy to get this setup working at last.

--tracy

Ditto That!

Still having problems getting to automatically reassociate via PEAP, but hey, I can PEAP associate now so that's a huge improvement.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card