Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WT2755 shared bandwidth & Freq Div Duplexing

Hi, I am tring to understand what type of link I will get with WT2710 at one end and WT2755 at the other end. I can read that it provides 22.2Mbps down and 18Mbps up. Then it describes it has a shared bandwidth downstream and that it uses frequency division duplexing.

Can someone translate that for me? Do I get a full duplex link? Is the 22.2Mbps downstream shared between the number of WT2755 that I hang off the WT2710? So, if I only have one WT2755, would that mean that I would have a full 22.2Mbps down?

I am looking for more bandwidth than a pair of T1's, but less than a T3. I also need to run Voice over the link, so I need QoS and the Aironet bridges are not good solution yet for 60 to 80 IP phones.

Thanks,

Tom.

3 REPLIES

Re: WT2755 shared bandwidth & Freq Div Duplexing

The new Aironet 350’s will have new IOS available soon that can identify QoS. It might be worth waiting for. Have you had your site survey done yet? With that your Cisco design team can put together a working design for you.

We have an internal RF group that has done the site survey. It is hard finding anyone that knows much about implementing the 2700's. We are interested in the 2700 because of the speed, full duplex, 3DES encryption. The Aironet 340/350 are a great product, but it is still a shared media and I will have about 80 workstations on one end. We have to have something in place by November 2001. So we are trying to sort out the options, before we bail out and order telco.

Thanks for your reply,

Tom

You should take the data from your site survey to the TAC engineers at Cisco at this point.

Views
Helpful
Replies