cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After upgrade to 6.2.1/4.2.1 the archiving page is missing actions.

derrickmunro
Level 1
Level 1

I must have missed something here during the upgrade, but I can no longer delete archives.  Has anyone seen anything like this before?

9 Replies 9

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

You may be able to delete them on the BWT page. https://192.168.14.22/BWT/

You will have to stop the running archive before you can delete it.

Good luck

Well, while that was a great answer, I'm still having problems.  When I click execute to remove the archive, I receive this page/error.

I wonder, should I try and delete then reinstall VSBWT?

Are you running VISTA or WIN7? That isnt a XP desktop.

PC requirements for viewing station here.

Viewing Station PC:

A viewing workstation must have sufficient CPU and video card performance to render the video feeds from the Media Server. Recall that the Media Server acts as a direct proxy between the IP camera feeds and the viewing station. From a planning standpoint, consider the amount of bandwidth required between the IP camera and the Media Server to also be available between the viewing station and the Media Server for those feeds being displayed.

As a best practice, the workstation is connected to a GigabitEthernet switch port. For displaying HD H.264 video, the workstation must meet the following system requirements:

•Windows XP with Internet Explorer 6.x, SP2 and above

•Intel Dual-Core 2.66-GHz or higher

•1 GB of RAM or higher

•Nvidia Video card: EVGA 8600GTS 675MHZ 512MB 2.0GGHZ GDDR3 PCI-E DUAL DVI or similar

In testing for this document, a dual core 2.6 GHz AMD Opteron - 2 GB RAM PC with a GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card is deployed.

This is XP, same problem.

Even with admin privileges, I had to be the root account to delete the archives.  I was unaware that this was the way it functioned.  Is there a way to change this?

as far as I know you have to have root access to make changes to the BWT page.

there is documentation on cisco's site on how to change the default PW though.

you were able to delete the archives with root access, correct?

I know how to change the pass on the box and in vsom, but I just was not aware that you could not make an account to maintain the archives.

there is a way to change the root pw on the server. in fact it is Cisco's recommendation to do so. here is the doc on how to do it.

good luck!

"I know how to change the pass on the box and in vsom, but I just was not aware that you could not make an account to maintain the archives."

Thanks though

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: