Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bitrate loss when viewing more than one stream in VSOM

We are running 4.2.1 version of VSOM with 2421 Cameras running the 1.1.1 firmware. Configured to have a bitrate of 2000.

The client PC has 2GB of RAM, a P8600 Core 2 Duo CPU, on board Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family video with 777mb Maximum Graphics Memory.

Viewing a single MPEG-4 video stream directly from the camera web application, the picture is good.

Viewing multiple (5) MPEG-4 video streams directly from their web application at the same time, the picture is good.

Viewing a single MPEG-4 video stream in VSOM, the picture quality is good.

Viewing multiple (5) MPEG-4 video streams in VSOM, the framerate drops, and their is ghosting of the picture.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?  Could this be the hardware on the laptop causing the problems? I don't understand why when connected directly to the camera it looks fine.

• Physical Security
1 REPLY

Re: Bitrate loss when viewing more than one stream in VSOM

I restarted my computer, and it fixed the problem for me.  I have not seen the issue since.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.