Bosch Cameras

rdoucette
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone using Bosch cameras ??????

- this is a follow up to Kim A

We have a number of existing Bosch NWC-0455 cameras

- upgraded the firmware from 2.5 to 4.15

- is there another upgrade of firmware that I am not aware of?

- documentation suggests this will support ONVIF 1.02

I need to know the VSM 7.x template settings and any special considerations on the Bosch side

Thanks in advance

RD

1 Reply 1

Jason Rossi
Level 1
Level 1

Regarding the firmware, I went to 4.56. That version supposedly has the more complete implementation of ONVIF. If you need help getting that firmware call Bosch. The way they name their legacy firmware can be a little tricky to find and download.

For the template only the primary stream is supported (though it is possible to make it do 2 streams). And the frame rate must be 30fps. 

In order to use the resolution I wanted I pulled the cameras into VSM then connected to the camera browser interface, settings, advanced, encoder, encoder profile and manually switched it to the resolution that looked best. I *think* that 4cif (for example) did not translate exactly via the ONVIF protocol. I kept winding up with something that looked more like D1. Just a preference, we switched it within the car!era config to 1/2 D1 and liked that look better.

The short version is Bosch cameras can be used via the ONVIF driver as long as they are on the latest firmware. But even then some manual tweaks are sometimes necessary, depending on your needs.