Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Camera image is Dark, even in the middle of the day, until it's rebooted.

New to Cisco cameras and trying to trouble shoot an issue where our CIVS-IPC-5011 IP HD Dome cameras are dark (left picture) even though it's the middle of the day.  Once I reboot the camera (right picture) than it's back to normal.  Also what's the best, not necessarily default, stream settings such as Bit Rate, Image Rate, and I-Frame interval so people moving though image doesn't look choppy?

Greenshot image editor - TWE 45_ BEFORE REBOOT_2012-07-30_09-41-30.jpg_2012-07-30_09-50-01.png

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES

Camera image is Dark, even in the middle of the day, until it's

Scott,

You may have a sensor issue, that is getting worse as time goes on.

How long does it take for the image to go dark like that?

I am assuming that you have connected the IRIS control cable inside the camera, and the IRIS control is set to Auto.

I think you open a TAC case have someone troble shoot the camera and grab some logs it and check with the Escalation team.

Harpreet

Camera image is Dark, even in the middle of the day, until it's

Harpreet,

I will check the iris settings tomorrow when I'm back a work, hopefully its a simple fix.  Cameras are not even a month old and vendor installing the system is supposed to be looking into the issue as well.

Thanks,

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content