Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't retrieve MP4 video files

gjfowler46
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Been trying to find an answer to a question I have. We use the Cisco Surveillance server and cameras (6400)

We had an accident the other night and I was able to create a MP4 video file. I then got to the video display in the Surveillance Manager 

and I right click the video feed and get clip status. Here it says video complete. I then click on the video I created at the bottom of the screen, it asks me for a location to save the file then it tries to download the file to that location and fails. Anyone know whats going on?

Thanks!!! 

5 Replies 5

Raghav-Rao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

1. Do you have enough space on the media partitions? what is the space available? what does df -k command give?

2. have you tried generating clip with other formats as CVA file?

3. go to /usr/BWhttpd/logs/clipsave.log. what does it say?

Thank you for the quick response!

df -k shows the following :

sx-camera-server:~ # df -k
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1             10480124   6647980   3832144  64% /
udev                   1549548       148   1549400   1% /dev
/dev/sda1                93307     11710     76780  14% /boot
/dev/sdc1            9751625600 3586123688 6165501912  37% /media1
/dev/sdd1            9751625600 3585377928 6166247672  37% /media2

Yes I have tried all the formats and I still getting the failed download error.

Can not find the /usr/BWhttpd/logs/clipsave.log 

Thanks! 

Hi,

1. Login into VSOM

2. Go to settings --> Server --> select the server.

3. Under general Tab --> Services. Click on Advanced for the media server you are trying to generate clip.

4. Under Partitions. Clipping box is CHECKED?

rmanjesh,

yes that is correct they are both checked  I have enclosed a snip of the screen.

Thanks! 

Hi,
If Cisco VSM servers are added to the Operations Manager using hostnames (instead of IP addresses), then the network Domain Name Server (DNS) that resolves those hostnames must be properly configured and working. If the DNS goes down or is incorrect, “404 File Not Found” errors may be displayed by the Operations Manager when performing tasks such as downloading MP4 video clips, executing soft triggers, or streaming video. If this occurs, correct the DNS configuration to properly resolve all server hostnames to the proper IP address.

please add the hosts entries in client machine and server. so that host name gets resolved.

Regards,

Raghav.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: