cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2900 PTZ - no zoom (CIVS-IPC-2930)

Mike Brown
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I've got a Cisco 2900 PTZ.  Through VSOM I can pan/tilt but I have no zoom capibility.

On the camera configuration I have the camera type set to:  Cisco 2900 Series IP Camera

To compound the issue... I can not access the web interface of the camera. Nor can I SSH to the camera.

I think a factory reset is my best option.  However the user guide only gives instructions for resetting the camera through the web interface...

Does anyone know if I will find a reset button on the interrior of the camera?  (Before I setup a very tall ladder)

Any other troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks!

-Mike

4 Replies 4

Sergey Muravjev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had a similar problem, but I solved it with the new firmware. Firmware can updated from VSM Server.

Thanks for the idea Muravjev!

I can now sucessfully zoom through VSOM.

I am still unable to access the web interface of the camera directly...  However this isn't as critical now.  If anyone has a suggestion I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Mike

Hi,

Check the PTZ enable or not on vsom , you have joystick for this camera?

BR

Thanks ahmadibech -

However Muravjev's suggestion to upgrade the firmware already resolved the problem.

This issue is resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: