Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco VSM 7 & Axis 216MFD Camera

Hello my fellow physec community.  I have a customer that is currently deployed with VSM 6.3.x   and I am moving them over to VSM 7.x

Customer has quite a few of the Axis 216MFD  cameras working in 6.3.x  They are running  mpeg 4   1280 x 1024 resolution.   I have moved over one of their sites yesterday to the new VSM 7 and I had to create a Generic  Template as the 216MFD's are not listed as a supported camera.  I had to use the  "axisgenericvapi2"   model name  for this camera  as the "axisgeneric"   camera only support jpeg and h.264.  The Axisgeneric  I can get 1280 x1024  but doesnt support the compression I need.

What my issue is the customer is used to the view of a 1280x1024 and when i use the template with 1280 x 720  i loose some of what they were looking at.

Has anyone else out there had any experience with this model of camera and what did you do.  Is there any other choices that I am missing

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content