Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco VSOM 6.3.2 Integration to get a video clip?

I have a system which generates alarm data.  The area around the alarm 'events' is under video surveillance by Cisco VSOM and cameras.

Whenever I get an alarm event from this system, it sends me an e-mail.  Then, I log into VSOM and go to the date/time specified in the e-mail to see what happened.  I then export the video from the event into a WMV file, and e-mail it out with the event e-mail to a team of folks to research the event.

Is there some method of automating this?  The system that generates the events is very extendable with custom scripts, command-line tools, and so forth.  Can I somehow run a command-line tool to get a clip out of VSOM?  I would ideally like to give VSOM the camera, start time, and stop time and have it spit out a video clip (preferably in WMV format).  Can I do this via a command-line tool or SSH command or even XML?  Is there any integration method by which some external system can trigger VSOM to generate a clip and dump it somewhere?

If there is, I could write my script to take the event time, generate a clip, and e-mail the event alarm data along with the video clip attached, thereby preventing me from having to spend time doing this manually.

Please let me know if there is a way to do this.

Thanks,

- Erik

2 REPLIES

I guess I have one more thing that could help...if I can't get a video clip exported from the system, is there a way to send out a link in the event email which would link you to VSOM, in this particular archive, at this particular time, to view the video straight out of VSOM?

If you have Cisco cameras, you should be able to email clips through the camera interface.  Just log on to a camera, and take a look at the available applications.  There is an area to send clips via email through events (motion detection, inputs, etc.)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content