cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collision in Identities

Kim Armstead
Level 1
Level 1

"Operation failed:  These device(s) {name of one camera} have a collision in identities.  If one of the colliding devices is a camera, then please check the pending devices as well."

This is the text of an error message received when installing a camera that had actually been installed at another location in the system.  I'm guessing that a replace should have been performed; however, this error is what we have to work with.  Does anyone know how this error can be resolved at this point??  We are able to see an image if we log on to the camera directly, but when attempting to view it via VSOM (7.0), there is a configuration mismatch.  Attempting to repair/replace the configuration results in this error.

Please help.

Thanks.

ka

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Rossi
Level 1
Level 1

That is my favorite error ever. All they are actually trying to say is "unique constraint violation". The DB has two devices trying to use the same PK, that's all.

Rename one of the cameras, make sure the IP is unique, etc. That's all they mean by "collision of identities". If your collided camera is still in there and in critical state just delete it and start fresh.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Rossi
Level 1
Level 1

That is my favorite error ever. All they are actually trying to say is "unique constraint violation". The DB has two devices trying to use the same PK, that's all.

Rename one of the cameras, make sure the IP is unique, etc. That's all they mean by "collision of identities". If your collided camera is still in there and in critical state just delete it and start fresh.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Jason!! 

Note:  If anyone else has this issue, since there are 2 cameras involved you have to delete them both. 

ka

What about the previous recordings? How can I retrieve it?

What about the previous recordings? How can I retrieve it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: