Views
Helpful
Replies

Console Port Locks

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I posted this question on a different Support Community Colunm but, thought I might have better luck here.

I was wondering if there was any kind of console port locks I could purchase. We have some switches that are not secured in a closet in our environment and I would like to lock the console ports. I know I've seen locks for ethernet switchports but, I was wondering if they sold locks for console ports. And could the ethernet switchport locks work fine on a console port. I'm just concerned that someone could use the break in sequence and get into our equipment.

Thanks, Pat.

18 Replies 18

Phillip,

That seems like it would work but, what's to keep the bad guy from having the same proprietary key? Probably unlikely though.

Thanks for the info.

Pat.

Pat, this is really your best option. Im sure you know as well as I do, that if someone with our skill sets gains physical access to a device, it is a very bad thing. Put as many road blocks in the way as you can. Might I suggest even placing a camera up in this area? Even if you used a dummy-dome, this could function as a deterent from the would-be trouble maker.

I like the dummy-dome idea.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: