Views
Helpful
Replies

CPAM - Credential Templates - Reader Decode Failed

pablompole
Level 1
Level 1

hi there,

I have an iCLASS R10 SE's connected to a gateway, and trying to read some iCLASS DP cards... 

I keep getting "reader decode failed" ... I've created additional 'credential templates', then associated them with the badge... 

Is there a way to debug the read to determine the card data that's being read? Any other documentation/howto's?

Thanks.

Pablo.

2 Replies 2

jeremy wilmes
Level 1
Level 1

Did you apply the credential template to the reader?

Go to Templates-->Device Templates-->Then select the reader that you are using.

About half way down the page you will see a list of available templates on the left and the templates that the reader is using for cards on the right. Select your new Template and ADD it to the reader.

roberto-chavez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

To solve this kind of issue, I try to create a credential with the correct number of bits that really receive the reader....

EX: with a KeyscanCard of 36bits a made a simply credential of 36bits and the "reader decode failed" change for ": Lookup Error Badge id ..."

Then you must match the parameters of the credential with code received  (number of bit for Id code, facily code, binary, when start and stop the Id code, Most significant bit order...Etc...) You can search and see how change the Badge Id received.... 

Keyscan 36 bits:

• Card Id 16bits, encoding binary bits 19 a 34 en “Most significant bit Order”
  • Facility 8 bits, encoding binary bits 11 a 18 en “Most significant bit Order”
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: