cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPAM Database issues

vriden
Level 1
Level 1

I recieved a trouble call recently where suddenly the CPAM server is not recording events when a report is run. This particulular report is run every week like clockwork with no previous issues. Now suddenly, no events appear where there is know badges passing through doors when running the history report for these badges.

About a week ago, the client was unable to login, so I rebooted the server and the client was able to reconnect, with no issues until today with the report.

The system has run continuously for about 2 years now, and historically there has been very few problems.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Cory Blackman
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any Copying/Pruning/Archiving going on?

Thank you for responding Cory. I do not see that the system is performing those particular tasks. However, I did discover apparently at least one hard disk drive is giving bad sector messages to the console, and I grabbed 200 lines from most of the logs.

The system stopped performing daily backups, shows a reduced quantity of alarms in the alarm queue, stopped recording events for active badges, and now will not allow the administrator to login from the client.

It seems I am on the verge of a server failure.

I believe I need to bump this up to TAC as I will need replacement drives right away. I can download the .iso image and restore with hat once I replace the drives, and restore the system from the last successful backup from two days ago.

Can you assist in bumping this up to TAC?

Vince Riden

ARINC

Engineering Services

Senior System Integration Engineer

Desk 410.266.4016

Cell 443.909.9141

I'm like you, a Cisco partner, but what i do to make a SR/TAC is get the CPAM server's Cisco serial number (or your SmartNet Contract#) and over on the upper-right of this thread is an option to convert the thread to a SR/TAC call, or you may want to just call it in by phone. 

If data loss then yes probably time to rebuild the hardware with good parts, recover/get/salvage the latest CPAM backup, download & do recovery ISO, apply all needed updates to match the backup level, and do the CPAM restore.