Views
Helpful
Replies

CPAM SQL Database Access

sharpgate
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

By reading the SPAM user guide I stopped at this topic. In this link http://bit.ly/crnwLm says that the username and password are:

username: cpamuser1

password: *******

My question is about the password. Is it hidden in this particular case or it is really 7 asterisks? Also where from is it changed?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

slaanoi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sharpgate,

Try 'cpamuser1' for a password to use with the MySQL browser (or equivalent) app.

SL.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

slaanoi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sharpgate,

Try 'cpamuser1' for a password to use with the MySQL browser (or equivalent) app.

SL.

Thanks slaanoi. I will give it a try.

BR

The SQL password changes each time the CPAM application stops and starts.  Can you please provide details as to why you are looking for the SQL password?  For normal operations there is no need to access the database by any other means than the CPAM client.  If the database is manipulated by other means, it could cause the CPAM server to no longer be functional.

- Mike

Well, I am interested in getting a look at the the "User Tracking view". It is described in the CPAM user guide here at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/access_control/cpam/1_2_0/english/user_guide/12_integrate_cpam1_2.html#wp1123764

We are checking the APIs too to see if there is another way. Do you have good ideas we can use?

Thanks

Try this,

SSH to the CPAM server and then enter 'sudo su' on the command line.  The password will be same as you used to login.  Then enter this command.

more /opt/cisco/cpam/properties/vx.hibernate.properties | grep password

The result will be something like this

hibernate.connection.password=qJd~Mry9`6

The user will be cpam and the password is displayed after the = in the output from the more command.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Hi

I am unable to execute /opt/cisco/cpam/import/MySQL_Views.sql - it says permission denied

if I try to su the cpamadmin password does not work to elevate privs. It looks like the script is hardcoded to grant select permissions to cpamuser1 - presumably this has to be edited?

Hello Jeff,

As Mike mentioned you should execute the mysql script as user cpam

- SSH to your CPAM server using cpamadmin password

- Execute "sudo su -" and enter your cpamadmin password again

- Execute "grep hibernate.connection.password /opt/cisco/cpam/properties/vx.hibernate.properties" to fetch your MySql password for the cpam user (this is different from your UNIX password and it resets each time the service is restarted)

- Create the views using "mysql -u cpam -p --protocol=tcp vxdb < /opt/cisco/cpam/import/MySQL_Views.sql" and enter the password you found in previous step.

Best Regards

Necati Cehreli

that did work thanks

I'm having mixed results querying the views - the thread regularly hangs even when only requesting say 100 records.

Jeff,

I see you were able to get the password...just keep in mind as was noted, this password changes each time the application is stopped and started.  Are you using the WSAPI interface to initiate the database queries?  If so, there is an e-mail alias dedicated to supporting the development of external applications interaction with the CPAM database.

I can post that email if you like.

-Mike

Hi michael,

I am interested. Could you post it please.

Thanks

The email address for WSAPI support from the Physical Security Business Unit for CPAM is psbu-dev-support@cisco.com.

Thanks.

No I'm using the mySQLQueryBrowser  - sometimes I get results back as expected but I often get hung queries. I have to go in and clear the mysql thread servicing the query to continue. I do also have the WSapi but am not using it for this purpose.