Views
Helpful
Replies

Endpoint Error:Cam Unreachable

anthic.lobo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Problem Descripton: I am not able to add Cisco 2531V IP camera to the vsms/vsom.

Error Message displayed: Endpoint Error:Cam Unreachable.

Software Versions: VSMS 6.2,VSOM 4.2.1, Camera Firware 2.1.0

I am able to ping the camera from the vsms/vsom server.

Also able to directly access the camera through web interface.

I have another 17 cameras and they all work fine. This failure is only for one camera.

I tried removing/adding the camera several times but it did not help. Also tried restarting both the camera and VSMS server, no improvement

Any ideas? attatched below the screenshot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

derrickmunro
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure that 2.1.5 works with 4.2.1/6.2.1, you can just download 2.1.2 since you know it works.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

derrickmunro
Level 1
Level 1

Are you running multiple media servers?  Also, are you using a username and password?  If you aren't running multiple media servers and you are using the correct username and password, try going to the camera web app, go to Setup>Security>Product Process then click refresh and log out.  Usually in your situations its any of these things:

*Multiple system trying to control the camera differently.

*Incorrect username and passwords.

Check to see how many "connected users" there are on the camera.

Tried this but it did not help.

I have 2 administrative accounts to the camera.

one to access the camera directly and the other for the vsom to contact the camera.

connected users shows one 1.

I have seen different firmware versions give this error before as well.  Are the cameras that are not working running the same firmware version as the ones that are working? Also, try using different camera types for your 2531 if the firmware versions are all the same.  If just the 2531's are not working, try and use a 2420 or 2520 camera types to setup your cameras.

I just checked the firmware on the other cameras is 2.1.2 while the non working cameras is 2.1.0.

So like you said let me upgrade to 2.1.2.

Can the upgrade be done to through the GUI. or is there another method to firmware upgrade?

There are two ways to upgrade your cameras.

#1. a) Download the Video Surveillance IP Camera Utility.

b) Download the touchless installer; http://psbu-kickstart/files/cameras/2500/CIVS-IPC-2500-V1.1.1R00-S.zip

c) Download the new firmware; http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/pub/ImageList.x?relVer=2.1.5&mdfid=282052803&sftType=Video+Surveillance+IP+Camera+Firmware&optPlat=Linux&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+Video+Surveillance+2500+IP+Camera&treeMdfId=280249565&treeN... 

d) Go to the camera web interface, and under the firmware upgrade area, load the CIVS-IPC-2500-V1.1.1R00-S.bin file.

e) Get Windows XP PC, and put yourself in the same network as the camera you are upgrading. Open the Camera Upgrade Utility on that PC.

f) Use the new firmware to upgrade 1-2 cameras at a time.

or

#2. a) Download and install the 6.3.0 Software

b) Go to the /vsmc page

c) Head to the Camera Firmware Upgrade page.

d) Browse to the new firmware; http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/pub/ImageList.x?relVer=2.1.5&mdfid=282052803&sftType=Video+Surveillance+IP+Camera+Firmware&optPlat=Linux&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+Video+Surveillance+2500+IP+Camera&treeMdfId=280249565&treeN...

,it will install on all of your cameras at once.

derrickmunro
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure that 2.1.5 works with 4.2.1/6.2.1, you can just download 2.1.2 since you know it works.

Thanks Derrick. It worked.

So the firmware should be 2.1.2.

Awesome, glad I could help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: