Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

HA problem on VSM server

Hi everybody.

We have problem with HA on VSM servers.

We configured 9 servers as primary and 1 server as failover. When one of primary servers goes down failover server doesnt get it's role. Cameras and recording from them doesnt pass to failover server.

What can cause a problem?

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

thank you for the logs. i

thank you for the logs. i missed some basic questions before stepping to DB part.

1. when Primary server fails, do you see above status on the primary and failover

server? If Yes, this means that Server is failover, just that cameras are not getting pushed to fail over server.

2. Go the system settings --> Cameras --> Select template --> streaming and recording --> Advance storage management system. Select fail over ON.

Save and replace configuration on the all the cameras that needs to go on failover server and replace configuration on VSOM, Media and Failover server.

Let me know, if that helps.

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,VSM version?could share

Hi,

VSM version?

could share some snap shot of the configuration of server and fail-over server?

had this worked before?

how do you conclude that fail-over server doesn't get it's role?

Hi, VSM version 7.2As I said,

Hi,

VSM version 7.2

As I said, we have 9 primary media servers. 2 of them failed on two different times, and on that time failover server doesnt get role. We couldnt see cameras from failed server on failover server.

Cisco Employee

what does /usr/BWhttpd/logs

what does /usr/BWhttpd/logs/failover.log indicate during primary server failed?

Here are failover logs from

Here are failover logs from failed and failover servers

Cisco Employee

thank you for the logs. i

thank you for the logs. i missed some basic questions before stepping to DB part.

1. when Primary server fails, do you see above status on the primary and failover

server? If Yes, this means that Server is failover, just that cameras are not getting pushed to fail over server.

2. Go the system settings --> Cameras --> Select template --> streaming and recording --> Advance storage management system. Select fail over ON.

Save and replace configuration on the all the cameras that needs to go on failover server and replace configuration on VSOM, Media and Failover server.

Let me know, if that helps.

I couldn't se picture. But

I couldn't se picture.

But now I'm enabling failover on all camera templates.

Tomorrow I'll test it and inform you.

Thank you for response.

rmanjesh thank you for help,

rmanjesh thank you for help, it works now.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content