Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Creating Badges That Will Only Unlock Doors on a Schedule

chriskeander
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I'm a new SysAdmin and have been tasked with being the point-person for issues with our new Cisco Physical Access Manager.

Currently we're using Version 1.3.2 (0.3.5) and I'm having difficulty configuring contractor badges that will only open select doors on a predefined schedule (mon-fri, 7am-6pm ONLY)

In the Time Schedules section, I created a new schedule called "IT Limited" and configured the date/time ranges in there; as well as set the correct Hierarchical location.

Using a test account, under the Cisco Access Policy section I created a new Access Policy ("IT Limited Access") which is Enabled and has access to three doors on the "IT Limited" schedule.

However, when I test the badge on these doors, I am denied access.

I've also applied credential changes to the Access GW Driver (even though the icon was a light-green color) and yet it still fails to open these doors during the approved dates and times.  Am I missing some configuration here?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Keith Kellner
Level 1
Level 1

If you edit or add to access policies you will need to apply configuration changes along with credential changes.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

Keith Kellner
Level 1
Level 1

When editing or adding access policies you will need to apply configuration changes in addition to credential changes.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

chriskeander
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE:  Even if I edit the Access Policy to have the three doors this badge needs access to to "Always Permit" it still fails to open any of the doors.

Keith Kellner
Level 1
Level 1

If you edit or add to access policies you will need to apply configuration changes along with credential changes.

Keith Kellner
Level 1
Level 1

When editing or adding access policies you will need to apply configuration changes in addition to credential changes.

OK.. I think I'm making some progress here.  I came in this morning and applied configuration changes to the GW driver and tested the card and it worked!

However, I wanted to do a little further testing, so I modified the time range in which we want them to have access so it was outside of the current time.  Current time was 8AM so I set the custom access policy to 9AM-6PM and then reapplied both changes and tested the card again... but it still was granted access.

Is there a certain amount of time I must wait after making configuration changes before they're accepted in the system, or is something else wrong here?

As long as you apply configuration changes and credential changes they should take place instantly.

Make sure the  access schedule you are appling to the access policy only contains the days and times you want to allow access.

Thanks much for your help Keith.  I think everything's working fine now.  I did, however, run a System Sanity Report and discovered some alerts about the Gateways being set to a different time zone to the CPAM so I'll tacklet that today and hopefully it will be the end to this.   Phew! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: