Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to delete SHELVED footage vsm 7.2

I have 2 servers that were originally over-subscribed. I have moved some caeras off to other servers but the footage has been shelved. The footage is now over the 31 days set in our templates. How can i delete the old archive footage from the servers

5 REPLIES

Re:How to delete SHELVED footage vsm 7.2

I have this same problem. Got a bunch of archives which still show up in the VSMC recordings list. For some reason they are not groomed off

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Cisco Employee

we are not sure how did

we are not sure how did grommer left this archive, could be these entries would have missed from the DB. but it's not best practise to detele the shevled archives.they make entires in the DB that would create much more affect on the db going forward.

if old shevled archives are not grommed off, raise TAC case. they would get this reconginzed to DB and have this groomed off automatically.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reply. Why these

Thanks for reply. 

Why these archives stored on the hdd, but we can't view/download them?

In the vsm 6.3 I can remove old archives. Why vsm 7 doesn't allow?

Cisco Employee

Correct, Archives are stored

Correct, Archives are stored in HDD. we are sure why you are unable to view/download them, this could be for various reason. need to have a look at the DB etc.. on why you are unable to access them.

VSM 7 with VSM 6.X has various difference with respect to file system architecture and VSM 7it self.

Maybe problem is solved in 7

Maybe problem is solved in 7.5? But i not found - how can delete shelved archives manually. And How can i use it after move camera to the new server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content