cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Upgrade VSOM from 6.3.2 to 6.3.2-MR2 ?

kevin.woodhouse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have VSOM 6.3.2 and virtual matrix server running around 40 cameras. Does anyone have a guide to upgrade our single server deployment to the new 6.3.2-MR2 release which was released in June. We can configure our cameras and archives with no problems, all SD cameras, all domes. We have had a few issues with the recording streams failing however VSOM fails to notice this. Time to upgrade maybe. I remember the last time we did this we successfully used a bat file to complete the install. According to the download center there are 4 separate downloads for RHES. I can get these downloaded but I can't seem to find an upgrade guide anywhere.

Thanks                

2 Replies 2

christmarcel
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your reply, appreciate that. I've managed to find a file called 'vsmSoftware632.sh'. We used this last time to upgrade our software. As we currently have a 6.3.2 version I've askes around and it seems that the above shell script will upgrade anything 6.3.2 so I'll be covered to upgrade to MR2. We use WINSCP to log into the server and create the file structure and then copy the upgrade zip files and this shell file into the directory. Then run.

The above document from the above user (name blocked, apologies) is a worthwhile read though and gave me a good understanding of what the .sh file actaully does.

Thanks.