Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Camera 6000P Upgrade Issue

I got an issue with upgrading IP camera firmware for 6000P Camera from 1.1.4 to 1.4.1 I am getting "bad Magic number" I appreciate if anyone could advise what does it mean?

Regards,karim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had this same issue.  TAC provided the following instructions...

Failed upgrade is a known defect, CSCuh97615

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCuh97615

Symptom:

Firmware upgrade fail with non-default camera model name with the error message "bad magic number".

Conditions:

If user changes camera device name in basic page to anything other than the default camera model name

Workaround:

Revert the camera device name to the default camera model name and then do upgrade.

This issue is resolved in 1.2.1-73 and later versions of the firmware.

3 REPLIES

I had this same issue.  TAC provided the following instructions...

Failed upgrade is a known defect, CSCuh97615

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCuh97615

Symptom:

Firmware upgrade fail with non-default camera model name with the error message "bad magic number".

Conditions:

If user changes camera device name in basic page to anything other than the default camera model name

Workaround:

Revert the camera device name to the default camera model name and then do upgrade.

This issue is resolved in 1.2.1-73 and later versions of the firmware.

Thanks Scott for your reply I will give a try and update you.

Cisco Employee
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content