Views
Helpful
Replies

IPC-6000P Camera RTSP Stream

Omar Abdelhalim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please, I need your support and help to be able to view and play the RTSP stream out from the Cisco 6000P Camera direct using VLC.

so, if you can send me the RTSP URL, which can be played on VLC?

Thanks

Omar Mahmoud

2 Replies 2

Branden Varney
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

rtsp://<encoderIP>:554/StreamingSetting?version=1.0&sessionID=<sessionID>&action=getRTSPStream&ChannelID=1&ChannelName=Channel1&EncoderPort=0

Session ID can be found when navigating to the cameras web gui in the URL

IF you disable the sessions in the camera the camera WILL NOT be able to communicate with VSOM/ VSMS. But you will be able to continuously view it in VLC. The following is the string for disabled sessions:

rtsp://<encoderIP>:554/StreamingSetting?version=1.0&action=login&userName=<UserName>&password=<Password>&getRTSPStream&ChannelID=2&ChannelName=Channel2

Here are the steps I followed to get the video to work with the VLC client.

Disable the Session ID on the camera

1. Browse into the camera (using admin username).
  2. Go to “Setup -> Network Setup -> Basic”
  3. Select the “Disable the Session ID” radio button and save.

Use the following VLC client syntax

If you want the user to be challenged for a username/password, use

rtsp://<ip addresss>/StreamingSetting?version=1.0&action=getRTSPStream&ChannelID=1&ChannelName=Channel1

If you do not wish to be challenged for a username/password do the following:

1. Include the username/password in the MRL string.

rtsp://username:password@<ip address>/StreamingSetting?version=1.0&action=getRTSPStream&ChannelID=1&ChannelName=Channel1

For access to stream2 on the camera, use Channel3.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: