cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Material on how to control Cameras through a device

derrickmunro
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering which material from cisco would have information on how to control a camera with a device (usb/serial joystick).   Also, can you just control the cameras with the joystick or is there a way to change views on the virtual monitor?  If not, are there any hotkeys that will change views or enlarge views for the virtual monitor or ops view in vsom?

3 Replies 3

jfiranzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Information for using a joystick to move a ptz enabled camera may be found in the VSM 6.3 User Guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/6_3/user_guide/vsmug_6_3_0.pdf

Configuring PTZ and Joystick Settings begins on page 3-41

Using a PTZ Joystick continues on page

8-55

The Cisco part number for the joystick is CIVS-JOY1-USB, though any USB joystick may be used.

Joysticks are not used to change views in Virtual Matrix or the VSOM Ops view.  At this time, hotkeys are not available to permit increasing the size or changing views in a predefined Ops view or with Virtual Matrix - though that is a good idea for a future feature request.

I hope that helps...

I was able to make a joystick change the views on a matrix by having a joystick button press perform a soft trigger in vsom.  Each soft trigger is a different view, therefore each button can be assigned a view.  It's sort of nifty to browse different camera views that way at a viewing station.  With this method you can use any human interface device to control vsom.  Some of the programs I used were: AlwaysOnTop, HotKeyPlus, and GlovePIE.

nice. =)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: