Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Remote Site Archive Backups

All,

I have a remote site that has a service module running VSOM 4.2.1 and 3 2621v cameras, the archives are set to record locally and transfer to the main VSMS daily at 23:59 (to save on bandwidth during the work day). The problem is that this system seems to be sending the data at 10:30 in the morning and completely destroying the bandwidth for this remote site. I have thoughts that this might be related to the service module is running 4.2.1 and the main system is on 6.3.2 but I haven't seen any instructions on upgrading the firmware on the module or known issues of this.

I had another site set to the same thing it worked perfectly. This one has never worked correctly.

Thoughts or Ideas? 

Thanks,

3 REPLIES
Community Member

You might want to check the time and timezone on the module.

Are the two servers set on NTP?

Community Member

This issue is definatly due to timezone errors

Community Member

I checked the NTP and the timezone and both were correct, the actual problem was that I had the remote site's cameras configured as M-JPEGs which are huge files compaired to MPEG-4s, the system was working properly but due to the files being so larg they couldn't fully send in the aloted time. After I re-configured them as MPEG-4s everything went as it should on the transfer time and everything is perfect now.

Thanks a ton guys for the input.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content