cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading the firmware of CIVS-SG1BECMD-C16

vipersl65
Level 4
Level 4

I have a CIVS-MSP-2RU V01 and I have a few cards (CIVS-SG1BECMD-C16).  Now, I got another CIVS-SG1BECMD-C16 but the stream manager is not recognizing it and it seems like I need to upgrade the firmware of this new card I am putting in.  How do I do that?  New to this and I inherited this system.

I remember that wit the IPVC camera, there is a utility app that you run and it finds the IPVC you installed in the network and from there you can upgrade the firmware.  How do I make the stream manager see this new card I am putting in

In the admin guide, it says in VSOM, click Admin and click on Add new encoders then I select the Cisco IP Gateway Encoder (CIVS-SGxx), put the name and then IP ADDRESS,,,,but how and where do I find the IP address if I just put in this card i the chassis?

If I plug in a new CIVS-SG1BECMD-C16 in the 16-slot convergence chassis , will VSOM automatically recognizes it?  How does it gets an IP address?

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

This section is for Small Business Equipment. You may get better results if you post your question here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/security/physical-security

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Hello,

Per the suggestion of Eric Moyers I have moved this post in the Physical Security area so that you do not have to repost.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: