cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSM 7.2.0 what is new?

Scott Donahue
Level 1
Level 1

I see there is a new version 7.2.0 which would appear to be a major update from 7.0.0 or 7.0.1.  Does anyone know what is new.  Tried to access the release notes but was unable to.

Thanks,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Rossi
Level 1
Level 1

Release notes are here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/release_notes/7_2_0/vsm_rn_7_2_0.html#wp53606

I upgraded late last week. Many of the enhancements requested by this community have been included in this release.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Jason Rossi
Level 1
Level 1

Release notes are here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/release_notes/7_2_0/vsm_rn_7_2_0.html#wp53606

I upgraded late last week. Many of the enhancements requested by this community have been included in this release.

Thanks Jason... Did you have any issue with the upgrade?  We just finished upgrading to 7.0.1 the week before and will deffinitely want to upgrade to 7.2.0 for the requested enhancements that have been added.

Yes I had some issues with the upgrade which TAC is working on right now. Everything is up and running but there are errors on the media servers. It has not disrupted service though. And the media servers I am working with also had trouble going to 7.0.1 so I think my problems are independant of the 7.2 upgrade.

Thanks for your reply, what kind of issue are you having with the media server?

In 7.0.1 we have been having media server issues too however like Jason said it is not affecting performance. Seems to be an issue where the system board is reporting wrong voltages and is getting thrown out as an error on the VSM media server page.

Nicholas... this might help explain why yesterday I had two of our media servers report hardware critical errors for voltage, cpu2 and fan issues.  Advance replacements are on their way but now wondering if the hardware is fine but there is a bug with 7.0.1.

Scott, Refer to this Bug ID# CSCug52239. This might be your issue. They have a fix for it.

Nicholas, appreciate the info but my issue is on a CPS-MSP-2RU which in the desription it says Do NOT Apply this FIX, that the CPS-MSP-2RU already has this fix in its BIOS. Applying this will brick the server.

So thankful for this community and all the help, I have learned so much from others like you Nicholas.

Scott,

Sorry I didn't elaborate further. The bug speaks of the 1RU on the document however there is a separate BIOS fix for the 2RU as well that follows pretty much the same procedure using a different USB image patch.

Sorry for the confusion.

Nicholas,

Good to know, do you have the link to the bug fix for the 2RU.  Searched for it but was unable to find it.

smithm228
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Video Surveillance App for Android phones.  Works really well on my GS4, surprisingly well for something Cisco is releasing for the first time.

Hello All,

We are very happy about new CPS-UCS-1RU cause supermicro is very noisy and we are getting dimm voltage errors too.

Hi All,

can anyoe share with me where can I get the upgrade BIOS file as in step 2 of the Bug fix steps :

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug52239

The BIOS-fix... zip file has the BIOS file ( .rom). Copy all the files to the USB stick.

As I faced the same issue and need just the BIOS file as I have CPS-UCS-1RU server .

Thanks ,

Ahmed Ellboudy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: