cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM 2012 Bug?

ncalvert78
Level 1
Level 1

Admittedly, I'm in no way, shape, or form a VSOM/VSMS/Linux guru.  I have some basic Linux background knowledge, and am rapidly learning, since being hired by a large inner city school district to manage 1 Cisco VSOM and 3 VSMS servers with ~ 400 ip cameras.

Prior to me, the district used a contractor to upgrade software, and troubleshoot the servers when there was a problem.  Recently we were contacted by afore mentioned contractor as to a "bug" in the Cisco software.  The following is the email they sent, which I cannot verify AT ALL.

"I wanted to be proactive and let you know of some info I just found out.

BUG CSCtx15611:

This bug was discovered after the 1st of the year.

Conditions:

when creating an archive clip prior to 1/1/2012 you get an error stating the

stop time is not valid and is after the current end date

when creating an archive clip after 1/1/2012 you get an error stating the start

time is not valid and is before the current start date

Cisco has come out with a Hot fix that needs to be applied to the Vsom server that will rectify this issue."

I have neither experienced this issue, nor heard anything about this bug.  Has anyone heard of this, or had such an issue at all since 2012?  If so, what software version do you use? (6.x.x.x)  I find it odd that they received a notification, and we did not.  Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gerald Burgess
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here's a pointer to the bug in our bug toolkit.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtx15611

The fix involves replacing a javascript file on the vsom server names bas.js

You'll only run into this if you are saving archive clips off the server.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gerald Burgess
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here's a pointer to the bug in our bug toolkit.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtx15611

The fix involves replacing a javascript file on the vsom server names bas.js

You'll only run into this if you are saving archive clips off the server.

Extremely helpful, thank you sir!

THANK YOU!  Was having this very issue!!!

Can anyone from Cisco comment on when the official fix will be released? Perhaps a 6.3.3 version?

A revised install RPM is in the works, but a date when that will be posted has not been set.

I asked around earlier and nobody protested, so I've published the zip file with the revised bas.js in it.

You can find it here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: