Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM 6.3 Archive issue

stanleyhou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I  have a solution with VSMS 6.3.0 and VSOM 6.3.0 installed in the same  server Dell R610 running SUSE enterprise SP1

9 X Cisco 2420 cameras

I  am recording 1 video archive per camera with duration 14 days, end date  loop and expiration time 1 month, when I go to the archive section I can  view the archives recording without problems but I can not  see any new  archives even though the archive is set to loop and seems to be running.

For example. . The following archive is still running, however it does not seem to be archiving any new footage and I can only view video footage archive between the dates 7th and Feb 13th, even though it is set on a two week loop.

Archive Detail

Archive Name          : a_p_s1_BBHDCSCAM3_1_-_a_BHH_DC_Stockroom
Archive Status          : RUNNING
Storage Path          : /media1/1010
Archive Type          : loop
Archive Duration    : 1209600 seconds
Archive Media          : mpeg4-v
Video Width           : 720
Video Height          : 576
Video Quality          : 20
Video Framerate         : 5.000000 fps
Video Bitrate          : 2000
Archive Expiry          : 30 days
Archive Size          : 556387404 Kbytes
Archive Storage Est : 556387404 Kbytes
Archive Start Time  : Sat Jan  7 16:56:11 2012
Archive End Time    : Mon Feb 13 12:40:53 2012
Event Archive         : NO
Recording Rate          : 1.946140 Mbps
Max Fps              : 25.017442
Max Frame Size          : 24981 bytes
Current Duration    : 3181482 seconds
Current Retention   : 100%

Thanks.
Stan
9 Replies 9

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

Hi stanleyhou.

Are you able to share a screenshot of the running archives section in VSOM? If memory serves me the end time on a running archive will be the time of the last 5 min archive piece was encoded on the server.

According to the current duration you have just over 36 days on this archive which matches your start and current end time.

Did you use the batch admin tool to set up your archive or did you do it manually?

Hi mcwalter,

I have attached a screenshot of our running archives.

The thing the confuses me is I created all the archives manually at around the same time, however when I view the individual archives they seem to contain different start and stop dates, some being 3 days some more, and nothing recent in the archives,  Although the archive should loop and archive new incoming streams from what i understand or am i mistaken? could it be that at somepoint my archives got corrupted?  how can i check this and restore? without having to recreate all the archives everytime this happens?

So you have 9 running archives, Are they all at the 2Mbps bitrate as shown on your archive detail page? If so then your storage should be around 2.5TB. How much total storage do you have on your media server?

have two partitions setup

as media1 and media2

Looks like your storage is in line with what we would expect for 9 cams at 2Mbps. You have plenty of storage so you are OK there. So when you look at the archives the current start time is longer than 2 weeks ago and you do not have any current video at all. If it was my system I would stop all the running archives and restart them using the batch admin tool. You may have to use the drop down menus to view the  "archive duration" and "archive expiration" columns. Set these 2 values to 14 days and check the "archive" box as well. Then your new archives will show up as 14 day loops in your running archives.

Not sure what else to try without going in to the Linux OS and CLI.

Please let us know how it goes if you decide to make the changes.

Hi is this batch administration within VSOM under video.

I can see the video feeds and allows for selection however does not have option for restart.

Use the scroll bar on the botton to see the arcive checkboxes on the batch admin tool. Don't forget to use the drop down menus to view the  "archive duration" and "archive expiration" columns.

What firmware do you have on the IP cameras?

thanks i managed to find the drop down and changed the archive duration and expiration to 14 days/2 weeks respectively.

I noticed that this also stopped the existing archives and created new ones.  so I guess the stopped archives will be removed automatically after 1 month? which it has been set to?  Also is there a way I can setup alerts if the archiving is not working properly like in this case, even though it is still running? or alerts for when the video camera streams and not streaming properly?

thanks

add to my last update.

i've noticed that the archives that have been created using batch administration appear in VSOM --> video feeds --> archives -- running/viewing archives but not in the VSMC seems like VSOM changes not syncing on VSM

Also if I delete them from VSOM --> video feeds --> Archives -- Viewable Archives -- action delete

they seem to re-appear as if its pulling it from the VSM.

On VSMC --> monitoring --> archives :

the old archives are showing as SHELVED .. but the new ones created using the batch administration program do not appear in VSMC archives.  Its still showing only 9 old archives which have all been stopped/shelved.

any ideas?