Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM 6.3 client crashes Internet explorer

jason_crosby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody has seen this. It started happening when we upgraded to VSOM/VSMS 6.3. We are running XP SP3 and IE 7 on our client machines. Since the upgrade, if you open IE and log into the VSOM and let it sit for about 15 min. IE crashes with the error in event viewer

"Faulting application iexplor.exe version 7.0.6000.17091, faulting module mcmpeg4vdec.dll, version 7.5.0.32210, fault address 0x00032227"

The mcmpeg4vdec.dll is in the c:\program files\Cisco Video Surveillance\client folder so I know its the client thats crashing IE. I tried registering it through regsvr32 but it errors out and says the entrypoint could not be found.

Any help on this would be great

Thanks

Jason

4 Replies 4

vsmrookie
Level 1
Level 1

VSOM crashes for me at least 2x everytime I use it. It recovers no problem though...I just live with it.

gregl_2
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried uninstalling the Cisco Video Client and then log back into Vsom and let it reinstall?

Cory Blackman
Level 1
Level 1

For almost every VSM update one will have to uninstall the VSM clients on all the M$ PCs and allow the activex to be all re-installed, and if not on XP then additionally, you will need to run the installs as Administrator or raise the level of the user to get a complete install (thanks Vista/Win7).  There were a fair number of fixes in 6.3.1, even though there are these client installs to do it is really better to move to 6.3.1 as well as update all cam firmwares.  Does this help?

The crashes are cause by a misconfiguration on the VSOM. With H264 and MPEG4 video, if you are using a parent/child feed configuration, the child feed has to be the same bitrate as the parent feed. If you go back in and change the parent feed to a different bitrate, the client "expects" to see the original bitrate, and it ends up seeing a different bitrate and eventually crashes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: