cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM 7.0 Database Server will not start / not running

LockDownLance
Level 1
Level 1

We have one of our VSOM Media Servers down because the database server is not running.  When I try to restart the Cisco service, it takes forever, times out and the database server is still not running.

I'm not even sure where to begin... the messages and errors log didn't lead me anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Lance

3 Replies 3

Raghav-Rao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what is the VSM version?

which server is been used?

are you getting any error message?

which service's doesn't start?

i would recommend to raise a TAC case for this issue.

VSM is 7.0

Server is CPS-MSP-2RU-K9

I'm not getting any error message that I can find other than the MySQL Database Server is not running.  I can't find in a log file anywhere... WHY it isn't...  but I'm not entirely sure where to look.

If I try to restart the Cisco service manually, it takes about 15 minutes then says it started but the Database Server still shows to not be running.  The web console is unavailable.  I only have console and SSH connectivity to the Media Server.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting the MySQL database?

Thanks again,

Lance

I was looking at re-building the DB as a possible solution and i guess you have already opened a TAC case.

Dont worry you are in safe hands..

-Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: