Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM V.7.2.0 & IE 11 on 8.1

Robert Stack
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

Has anyone gotten VSOM 7.2.0 working with IE 11 on Windows 8.1? The Cisco Multi-Pane XML Clent add-on for IE will not install and I can't view the camera feeds. I just thought I would check here before I give up trying to get this to work.

Thanks,

Robert

6 Replies 6

robert.greeson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm glad you posted about this.  I have the same problem and hope someone can assist with this.  I am having the same problem.  I guess that's what I get for trying to be at the forefront of technology and updating my OS    .  The XML client worked great on 8.0 with IE10.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert G

I am also looking for a solution. Any news regarding a workarround?

Strange thing is that I manage to install the client manually and when used with CPAM client it works fine. Just in IE 11 is not loading (the active x). I suspect that is a setting that we can tweek in IE.

I had a few other things that also did not work in Win8 or 8.1 so I just went back to Win7. Not worth wasting anymore time on hacking this to work.

R

robert.greeson
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, I figured out a roundabout way to make it work.  When you login to vsom, hit f12, it brings up debug, go to emulation and change the user agent string to IE10, and your videos will work.   You have to do this everytime you login though.  I haven't found a way to make it permanent.

Thanks,

Robert

So, after following your comment, I found the file in the server wich controls the mode, it's:

/usr/BWhttpd/tomcat/webapps/vsom/neptune-includes.jsp

You need to find the line that contains "IE=edge" and change it to "IE=10". On VSOM 7.2.0 it's on the 4th line.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: