Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CM 10.5 - Which Statistics/Dashboards Are From 1040 Sensors vs. CUCM CDR?

We have just erected Collaboration Manager 10.5 with Assurance (And I'm loving it!), and have many voice probes deployed around our network. I'm trying to establish a base-line for voice quality and am trying to understand what my actual data points are, and where/how those values are being derived. 

As such, I'm trying to understand which dashboards/graphs on CM are derived via our 1040 Sensors (looking at both jitter and packet loss), vs. CUCM CDRs (K-factor which doesn't reference jitter for a metric).......correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, in my base-lining, I'd like to record both values, so when I make QoS changes, network fixes, etc., I can see and record those effects on both performance values.

Thanks!

Mike.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi.First of all there is

Hi.

First of all there is White Paper that deals with the subject of sensors (see attached).

Now there are two different things:

• CDRs and CMRs that are sent to PCA (from CUCM publisher) and that contain MOS scores that result from the calculation made by the IP Phone during the call.

Attached screenshot is from PCA but you can display the same from CAR on the CUCM side (since it’s the same information that’s being used in both cases)

In case pre-set MOS thresholds are violated, alarms will be raised and displayed on the Assurance Voice Call Quality Dashlet (location-based blue bubbles)

Those data can be displayed using PCA under Reports -> Interactive Reports -> CDR

• The sensors (1040 or NAM) complete this with a real-time (during the call) calculation of the MOS value based on captured RTP traffic, which is sent to PCA every 60 secs and which allows

To raise alarms (based on MOS thresholds) while the call is active (to be compared with the above which is after-call data). We then can start troubleshooting that call

From a network perpective (start can be manual or automatic depending on PCA configuration). Sensor reports only exist in PCA (sensors dont send to CUCM…)

Those data can be displayed using PCA under Reports -> Interactive Reports -> Sensor/NAM

All the Voice Quality reports contents are detailed in the Assurance Guide (link further below) under “Interactive Reports”.

To understand exactly how PCA correlates both the sensor and the CUCM voice quality information.

Please refer to the PC Assurance Guide at http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/10-5/assurance/advanced/guide/Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Assurance_Guide_Advanced_10_5.html?mdfid=286253230

Look for paragraph Viewing Sensor Stream Correlation Data – page 328

Thanks

/Phil

Phil, Appreciate the input

Phil, Appreciate the input and doc reference- good stuff!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content