Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Do you have to have a Lifecycle License as well as an Assurance License with Prime

I have Prime 2.1 and I'm trying to see what Licenses I will need to use.  When enabling Netflow on a device, I see where it uses an Assurance License.  My question is, does it also use a Lifecycle License?

Thanks in advance.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

hi joseph,You must purchase

hi joseph,

You must purchase Lifecycle licenses to access Prime Infrastructure features and Assurance licenses to access Assurance features in Prime Infrastructure. Each license also controls the number of devices you can manage using those features.

If you have installed Prime Infrastructure for the first time, you may access Lifecycle and Assurance management features using the built-in evaluation license. The default evaluation license is valid for 60 days and a maximum of 100 devices. Send a request to licensing@cisco.com if:

You need to extend the evaluation period.
    You need to increase the device-count limit.
    You already have a particular feature license and need to evaluate other feature licenses.

Hope this answer your question.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

hi joseph,You must purchase

hi joseph,

You must purchase Lifecycle licenses to access Prime Infrastructure features and Assurance licenses to access Assurance features in Prime Infrastructure. Each license also controls the number of devices you can manage using those features.

If you have installed Prime Infrastructure for the first time, you may access Lifecycle and Assurance management features using the built-in evaluation license. The default evaluation license is valid for 60 days and a maximum of 100 devices. Send a request to licensing@cisco.com if:

You need to extend the evaluation period.
    You need to increase the device-count limit.
    You already have a particular feature license and need to evaluate other feature licenses.

Hope this answer your question.

Yes, I believe that did

Yes, I believe that did answer my question.  I appreciate the assistance.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content