Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Assurance and Expressway-C with MRA

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I'm trying to add the CollabEdge Expressway-E and -C pairs to Prime Assurance. I have a dedicated admin user for this task, and I can successfully login with it via web to all servers. I also can do a SNMP walk from the Prime Assurance with the SNMP community name on the Expressways.

The problem is that only the Expressway-Es are successfully added and in a "Managed" state. For the Expressway-Cs the best I get is "Accessible". I think that the Prime Assurance server might be somehow getting confused by the devices that are registered via MRA with the addresses of the Eway-C servers... Although it doesn't make much sense since I'm doing a discovery with just the IPs of the Eway servers and just in case also limited to their hostnames.

And without the Expressway-Cs in a managed state Prime thinks that all MRA devices are servers... So any ideas?

3 Replies 3

mitchdawson
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing the same issue. The Expressway E is in a managed state whilst the C is only "Accessible". Did you get any closer to resolving it?

Yeah, I told the customer that the product is unusable and not worth the money :D

:-), I would agree to some extent with that. The strange thing is I have four pairs of expressways, same rulesets, some C's show as managed, and others will not. One wont even show up at all! Yet all of the E's look fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: