Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime License Manager IP Address Change

kelvinffhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if I change the IP Address of the Call Manager it will be causing my PLM change as well since it was tight together with my CM. In case PLM IP Address change, does the existing license affected as well? I need rehost all the license?

1 Reply 1

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

PLM User guide says

License Rehost is required :
Licenses are fulfilled to a specific Cisco Prime License Manger. If you require licenses to be moved to a new Cisco Prime License Manager, they will be need to be rehosted.
A re-host may be required if:
• A hardware failure occurred and new hardware is required for Cisco Prime License Manager
• Multiple Cisco Prime License Managers are desired and a subset of fulfillment licenses need to be moved
to a new Cisco Prime License Manager

If the hostname or IP address of the product instance changes, you need to delete the product
instance from the Cisco Prime License Manager prior to changing the hostname/IP address. You
then re-add it to the Cisco Prime License Manager once you have completed the hostname/IP
address change.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/10_0_1/userguide/CPLM_BK_U7066CD8_00_user-guide-rel-10-0-1.html

regds,

aman