Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

1760 tdm clock configuration problem

I need

Router(config)# tdm clock E1 0/0 both export line

Router(config)# tdm clock E1 0/1 both import E1 0/0 line

And I cannot enter command {tdm clock E1 0/1 both import E1 0/0 line}. Error message {% E1 data switch not available for this configuration}. Why?

• Remote Access
4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 1760 tdm clock configuration problem

check out the following conditions before configuring TDM clock:

* BRI interfaces should be shut down before using the no tdm clock command for BRI.

* The configuration for a ds0/pri/channel/tdm group on a T1/E1 must be removed before deleting the TDM clock configuration for T1/E1.

* Any residual or default TDM clock configuration must be deleted before creating a new TDM clock configuration.

* If an export port is configured, the line protocol must be up before configuring any import ports.

* On a Cisco 1751 or Cisco 1760 router, if one port is configured as export, all other ports must be configured as imports.

* An export port clock can be turned off only after all the import ports (including BRI-auto ports) are turned off.

* The configured TDM clock and the status of the running TDM clock might be different, depending on the line conditions and connections.

I have exactly the same problem on a 1760 running c1700-adventerprisek9-mz.124-4.XC.bin with a 2MFT-T1 in slot 0 or 1. In "Clock Configuration for Cisco 1751/1760 Routers", page 12 it shows the power-up default TDM clock as:

tdm clock t1 0/0 both export line

tdm clock t1 0/1 both import t1 0/0 internal

On my router comes up as:

tdm clock t1 0/0 both export line

tdm clock t1 0/1 voice import t1 0/0 internal

and can't change it either, just like the original poster said. This issue prevents setting up pri groups on 0/1. I even searched bug database... Nothing. Anybody got around?

Thank you!

I upgraded 1760 to IOS c1700-adventerprisek9-mz.124-7.bin and the problem went away.

Thank you! But I have only 96MB and 128MB - minimal requirements for this version :(

Views
Helpful
Replies