pemasirid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 1841 router with following specs;

IOS: ipbasek9-mz.124-24.T1

HWIC-8A/S-RS232 in slot0

WIC-1AM-V2 in Slot 1

Console cables are connected from 0-3 on 1st port of 8A/S-RS232 to 04 devices starting Cable 0 to Switch and cable 1 to ASR router etc.

WIC-1AM-V2 modem is configured as Asyn in order to dial the server to access via analog line.

The issue I'm having is that I can connect only to 1st port (which is port 0 connected to switch) by giving host name with port 2002.

When I try connecting other devices such as asr router (with port 2003) I can see the port is open but I cant log-in to the devices.

Attached is the running configuration and connection/session/lines informaitons.

Can someone advise me why I cant log-in to the other ports (except port 2002).

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Remove flowcontrol hardware from 0/0/x lines. There, you will want also modem out, transport input none, no exec.

baiba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i have similar, not to say exact (same router/card), problem, i have tried almost everything, googled for week, but no solution jet, please tell if you have found solution for this.

Hi,

I made it working after giving no-exec and exec-timeout 0 0 under line command.

Pls share your configuration so that I can figure out.

My config

as I found out, configuration with interface card: HWIC-8A/S-232 (with two physical interfaces for cable) with cable CAB-HD8-ASYNC works as follows:

on both interface slots only first 4 even console cables (starting with 0) works thus making for first slot (labeled 0-3) P0,P2,P4 and P6 working. accordingly serial nubers are Sx/x/0(1,2,3). and for second slot (labeled 4-7) same P0,P2,P4 and P6 working, and serial numbers are Sx/x/4(5,6,7)

in conclusion for full 8 console cables you need two cables (CAB-HD8-ASYNC) and you can use only half of 16 cable ends (as described above)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: