cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 leasedlines to different ISPs

jerryeguru
Level 1
Level 1

i have 1 2801 router with 1 internet connection (serial0/1/0)& 1 leased line to current ISP (serial0/1/1).

I have to configure a new leasedline to second ISP with no internet connection to it.

I want my servers to communicate through the 2 leasedlines to different ISPs.

I also want to have 2 subinterfaces with different public IPs on my serial0/1/1 for leasedline purposes.

How can i do this??

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Jerry

Regarding server communication you need to look out for source based routing which is part of policy based routing (PBR).

In which you can match your server (source) ip address and define the outgoing interface or even the next hop which will be your second ISP.

If you want to have subinterfaces then you need to configure ur encapsulation as frame relay so that you can have different sub interfaces created and have ip's assigned to them..

regds

can give my server 2 outgoing interfaces each with interesting traffic? and can i have subinterfaces for my xDSL connection?

Hi Jerry

I couldn't understand your first query properly so do throw more lite on the same about sub interfaces on your xDSL i m not sure that you will be able to create them on..

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: