Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 ISDN **ERROR**: accept_incoming_data: no hdlc available

jorge.rubin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer has a 2811 with a vwic2-1mft-e1/t1 configured as fractional and every incoming call es rejected with this error message:

*Apr 29 09:00:44.169: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 **ERROR**: accept_incoming_data: no hdlc available from controller b channel 0, call id 0xB

I attached the show ver, show run, show isdn status and the q931 debug.

The PRI is fractional, the telco provide 10 channels but they have configured 15 channels.

Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

can you try changing you configuration to reflect the expales in the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t11/intserv.html

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, can you see what is wrong in the configuration? Or do you know what's the reason about the hdlc error?

The 2811 doesn't has the problem that the 2801 with the slot 0 (that is voice only) and the vwic2-1mft supports the data only.

I only want to configure the e1 as data not voice and data.

Regards

Hello, as far as I know, support for PRI data on vwic-xx-xx (that is different from leased line data), is only possible with the configuration described in the document I've linked.

To confirm the above, you can verify that there are NO references to PRI data support in the data sheet for the VWIC-xx-xx, in fact the preferential hardware to use for PRI data only on the ISR routers, is either the NM-xCE1/T1-PRI, or the new HWIC-xCE1/T1-PRI.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

Thanks again, I'll check it next friday using that document and let you know about it.

Regards

Hi,

The Cisco Website says the VWIC2 supports data, I find similar problems with HDLC errors and some of them are solve using tdm clock command to support both (data and voice).

Thanks in advance

Hi Jorge,

First I would like to know whether you want to use this connectivity for Voice or Data.

From the configuration you have configured the controller with pri-group command which is used to configure voice channels. However the error message states that it's nto able to accept data.

If you are usng this link for data connectivity use channel-group 1 timeslots 1-16 command instead of pri-group.

If you want to use this link for both voice and data then, follow the link posted by paolo.

-> Sushil

Sushil,

My customer configured and they only need it for data, I'll reconfigured next friday and let you know what happen.

The thing is the message looks like there is no channels available, I'll check with the Telco to know which channels they activate at the PRI (is no the first time I have problems with fractionnal PRI).

I will like to know the IOS version used if any of you have a 2811 and vwic2 configured for data.

Regards

Hi, remember that what you are doing is not "data", is "ISD PRI data". that makes a big difference.

You don't have any problem with telco and is not a matter with number of channels, instead is router configuration problem, it needs to be configured as per in the document.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: