Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3005 Concentrator - possible routing issues?

I have a concentrator setup in my lab and I can connect a VPN tunnel to it without any issues, however once I connect the tunnel, I can not get anywhere on the networks behind the concentrator. Since I have limited subnets available to me for my lab, my clients that are connecting to the concentrator are actually on the same subnet as the public interface. Here is the setup:

Private interface IP: 192.168.48.208/24

Public interface IP: 192.168.47.201/24

Clients connecting are on 192.168.47.0/24 subnet. The clients are part of a group that has a filter assigned to it to allow Any In (forward/in) and Any Out (forward/out). The concentrator default gateway is 192.168.48.1 (on the private subnet).

Clients are getting assigned an IP from a pool (172.24.2.0/24) on the concentrator.

Any idea's on why I can not get anywhere on the networks (192.168.0.0/16) behind the concentrator? Do I need to define static routes?

Thanks.

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: 3005 Concentrator - possible routing issues?

not knowing your exact configuration, i would say your first search for the problem should be in the routing.

as you've mentioned, routes will be required to tell the concentrator how to get to networks other than 192.168.48.0/24 & 192.168.47.0/24.

without the proper routes, the concentrator will only be able to communicate or allow communication with the two above mentioned subnets.

what other subnets are you attempting to access? if they are not known to the concentrator, then input the route(s) required and test again.

Views
Helpful
Replies