Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7206VXR - Out of band management via auxiliary

Hi

I'm trying to config my Cisco7206 VXR (IOS Version 12.2(31)SB9) to be reached over pstn on its auxiliary port through a modem.

Here's the very simple router config:

line aux 0

session-timeout 10

login local

modem InOut

transport input all

transport output all

stopbits 1

flowcontrol hardware

I'm able connect the router via pstn at the first call, then I disconnect the pstn call and then the AUX line remains always busy and I'm not able to connect anymore (I have to do a manual "clear line" or remote router reset).

It seems remains still open a kind of conversation between router AUX and modem...

Any idea to solve the problem ?

Tks

Ric

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: 7206VXR - Out of band management via auxiliary

1.The AUX port on Cisco routers is either RJ-45 or DB-25. If the AUX port is RJ-45, use a flat-satin rolled RJ-45--RJ-45 cable (part number CAB-500RJ= ), which is usually provided with every Cisco router for console connections. You also need an RJ-45 to DB-25 adapter marked "MODEM" (part number CAB-25AS-MMOD) to connect the rolled cable to the DB-25 port on the modem.

2. if your router has a DB-25 AUX port, use a straight-through DB-25Female - DB25Male RS-232 cable to connect the modem to the router.

Use this document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094bbc.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies