Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

837 ADSL Router Memory?

The documentation on CCO is a bit confusing over the memory configuration for the 837 ADSL router. It originally shipped with 32MB, this increased somewhere along the way to a default of 48MB. What wasn't explained was whether the 48MB was board and the DIMM slot was still free? Does anyone know?

There is also conflicting documentation about what the maximum DRAM memory configuration is? I have read the maximum is 48MB, I have also read the maximum is 80MB.

I have an 837 that only has 32MB on the motherboard, it also has a 16MB DIMM taking it to 48MB. I would like to increase this as the current IOS requires 64MB. What are my options? some part numbers (or equivilents) would be nice.

Thanks

Andy

2 Replies 2

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Andy,

The original 837 shipped with 32Mb of DRAM.

The versions of the 837 that shipped with 48Mb of DRAM had 48 Mb of onboard DRAM. On those versions, the DRAM slot is free for upgrade purposes..

The current versions of the 837 are shipping with 64Mb of DRAM.

The maximum sized DRAM memory card you can use on a 837 is 16Mb. Therefore, depending on whether you bought the 32Mb, 48Mb or the 64Mb version of the box, the max memory is 48Mb, 64Mb or 80Mb, respectively.

So to conclude, you will not be able to upgrade the DRAM on your router to anything more than 48Mb ...

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Regards,

Paresh

Ahh......

What options do I have for getting some more memory then? I replaced a 1720 with WIC-1ADSL for the 837 as I needed some features in 12.3T that aren't available in mainline 12.3. Are there any options to get the 837 replaced by Cisco for a 64MB unit?

Thanks

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: